If you’re a landlord, you’ll no doubt understand the importance of curb appeal and preparing the exterior of a property for a viewing as well as the interior.
Potential tenants will often decide whether or not to book a viewing based on the way the property looks from the outside, and will most likely form an opinion before stepping foot inside. Therefore, when preparing for a viewing, landlords should pay as much attention to the outward appearance of the property as the interior. For example:
- Ensure that the garden is tidy;
- mow the lawn,
- remove any weeds,
- tidy up pathways or decking,
- if your property has hedges or large trees, make sure they’re trimmed neatly,
- inject some colour into your garden – consider planting some flowers or buying hanging baskets for a quick fix.
- If it’s within your budget, give the house a lick of paint. This could include window surrounds, drains, pipes and doors.
- If restoration is beyond your budget, there are a few quick and easy ways to tidy up your property;
- cleaning your windows, doors, fascias boards and guttering can give your home a more polished look,
- remove rubbish and always keep your bins out of sight.
It’s also important to be prepared to answer certain questions about your property too. Ahead of any viewing have these pieces of information at the ready…
- The council tax band the property falls under and the subsequent cost.
- The property’s energy performance certificate.
At RFM Trading we can assist you with all aspects of interior and exterior property maintenance work. From mowing lawns, joinery work, painting and decorating services to professional plumbing, heating and electrical services to help improve the energy efficiency rating of a property, we help support landlords throughout the tenancy journey to ensure your tenants and your property are well looked after.
If you’re a landlord looking for professional external property maintenance Manchester based RFM Trading can carry out all aspects of interior and exterior maintenance work, including improvements to the outside of property ahead of any viewings to increase curb appeal. Please call us on 0161 707 6106 / 07964 552 310 or email us on [email protected] to discuss your property project. We’d be happy to offer you some free initial advice and a quote for any maintenance or renovation work to your rental property.